What is Dbvisit: Dbvisit automates the synchronisation of a hot standby database at a remote or local location. A standby database is like having an online hot backup of your database instantly available 24x7. There is no need to restore in the event of a disaster (which is very time consuming), as there is instant data recovery and database recovery. It is possible to switch over to the standby database in a matter of minutes to allow business continuity in an emergency.
Why Dbvisit: Unlike other generic Disaster Recovery products, Dbvisit focuses solely on Oracle and does not compromise on features and functionality to ensure that your Oracle databases are protected. Dbvisit supports all Oracle features such as RAC, ASM, OMF and Flash Recovery, maximising the benefits of using Oracle.
Cost-effective: Dbvisit is a cost-effective Oracle standby database solution compared with upgrading to Oracle Enterprise Edition (EE) to enable utilisation of Oracle Data Guard.
Compatibility: Dbvisit will work with all configurations of Oracle which means if you change or upgrade your Database configuration, Dbvisit will continue to maintain your standby database(s). Use Dbvisit together with Oracle RAC to give you high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) at a cost-effective price. Eliminate upgrade dependencies: Future proof your investment as Dbvisit will work with all versions and features of Oracle (from 8i onwards both 32bit and 64bit).
- Automatic creation of the standby database from normal, RAC or ASM databases (with restart-ability).
- Automatic Graceful switchover to reduce downtime during maintenance outages or fail back after disaster using its role reversal capabilities.
- Time-delayed standby database updating enabling data loss due to human error or software error to be recovered.
- Compression used to ensure distance independency and minimum bandwidth requirement between production and standby systems.
- Complete protection from all types of failures, including software and human errors, faulty batch jobs, sabotage as well as natural or man made disasters.
- Easy to use with no training required. Simple fail over process.
- Works with all editions of Oracle on Linux, UNIX and Windows.
- Usability of the standby systems for additional purposes (e.g. reporting, backups, analysis) without any impact on the production systems during normal operations.
- Supports all Oracle features such as RAC, ASM, OMF and Flash recovery area.
- Secure encrypted transport mechanism on all platforms including Windows.
- Continuous and consistent hot backup of your databases.
Key Features and Benefits: